Healthcare Jobs New Zealand
Expand your career today working with one of the biggest public healthcare providers in New Zealand. Your role would include:
- check and set up life support and anaesthetic machines
- inform and reassure patients, and check for conditions that could create problems under anaesthesia
- help anaesthetists place patients’ breathing tubes and intravenous lines
- help anaesthetists administer anaesthetics, including local anaesthetics and nerve blocks
- watch patients and monitor their vital signs (such as heartbeat)
- decontaminate, sterilise or dispose of equipment and materials used in operations
- assist with care after operations and insert catheters into patients
- operating theatre procedures and protocols
- anaesthetic and nerve-blocking machines, life support machines, other equipment and drugs
- emergency procedures, and how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- human anatomy, physiology and biophysics
- physical and medical conditions that may put patients at risk during anaesthesia.
- usually do shift work, including weekends, and may be on call
- work in operating rooms in hospitals and clinics, delivery suites and emergency departments
- work in conditions that may be stressful, particularly during operations
Have a current Annual Practising Certificate and registered with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand. complete on-the-job and distance learning
Achieved a Diploma in Applied Science â€“ Anaesthetic Technology (Level 5) or Science Graduate Diploma in Anaesthetic Technology (Level 7) and have passed the New Zealand Anaesthetic Technicians’ Society’s registration exam.
Health Group Information
Aligned with the New Zealand Health Strategy we work in partnership to improve and foster the health, well being and independence of our community meeting their changing needs.
Other Health Jobs
Current Health Jobs
Our knowledgeable and experienced team is here to
answer all your questions and support your application process
We have a proven track record of over 10 years of helping people immigrate to New Zealand with in-demand skills. We know how to make the process go smoothly.